G-20 INTERNATIONAL TAX SYMPOSIUM
Turkey will host G20 International Tax Symposium, which will be organized by Turkish Ministry of Finance, on 6-8 May in İstanbul.
The aim of the symposium is to discuss developments in international taxation that focus on key items of the G20 tax agenda by gathering together a broad range of stakeholders. The event also aims to ensure that developing and low-income countries benefit from the G20’s work on tax and other related matters.
The event will mainly focus on Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) and developments in exchange of information between tax administrations. The symposium will provide a broad perspective to the participants about delivered and currently progressing BEPS Action Items. In this context, an indicative list of the sessions is outlined below:
- Addressing BEPS in the digital economy
- Interest deductibility and hybrid mismatch arrangements
- Transfer pricing and its relevance for developing countries
- Data, economic analyses and spill-over effects
- Automatic Exchange of Information
- International consensus on BEPS