The G20 Leaders’ Summit was held from 3-4 November 2011 in Cannes, France.
Key outcomes of the summit included:
- the development of a country-specific Cannes Action Plan for Growth and Jobs to address short-term economic vulnerabilities and strengthen the medium-term drivers of growth
- a commitment to ensure the adequacy of the European Financial Stability Facility (European Union members) and International Monetary Fund resources (G20 members)
- reaffirmation of the G20 anti-protectionism pledge and agreement to strengthen the World Trade Organization by considering additional and parallel international trade negotiations beyond the Doha Round mandate
- agreement to strengthen the regulation of ‘shadow banking activities’ and the adoption of an action plan to support the development and deepening of local bond markets
- endorsement of an Action Plan on Food Price Volatility and Agriculture, aimed at improving agricultural production and productivity, and increasing market information and transparency.
A Final Declaration was released at the conclusion of the summit.